Healthier Cooked Breakfast Recipe
Serves: 4 adults
- 4 tomatoes halved
- 2 handfuls mushrooms (cup or button)
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 8 eggs
- 4tbsp 1% fat milk
- 2tsp low fat spread
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the grill. Arrange the tomatoes and mushrooms on the grill tray and grill them for 8-10 mins.
- While they are cooking toast the bread
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Melt the low fat spread in a non-stick sauce pan and add the beaten eggs. Cook over a medium-high heat, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon until the eggs are stet.
- Serve the scrambled eggs on the slices of toast along with the grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. Season with some pepper and serve.
Scrambled eggs can be made in the microwave. Beat your milk and eggs as above. Place in a deep bowl and microwave on full power for 30seconds. Remove and stir with a fork, then return to microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat until eggs are cooked to taste
If you are not keen on tomatoes you can grill some pieces of red or yellow pepper instead